Thursday, April 7, 2016

“How the Internet Works”


The internet is a bit more complex than I thought I would be. I never knew just how vulnerable my information on the internet was. Luckily there are people finding new ways to make it safer and to keep up with the new computers. I learned that we could use certain keys to send private information but that those keys could easily be hacked.  When the keys are short it won’t take very long for a hacker to decipher a message that is why the keys have to be super long so that the hacker cannot decipher the message no matter how fast his computer is. I also learned that everything in the internet is connected in some way. It is a great way to send information to someone all the way across the world in seconds. Something interesting that I have also learned is that the IDP Addresses have had to increase because there where every few. They also had to expand now everyone can have an IDP Address. Internet bits travel though many different paths even if they all lead to the same way because in case something happens to some pathways there will always be other pathways. It also helps with speed  so that there isn’t much delay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment